Monday, September 8, 2008

The Early Days...why are they so hard?

I guess honesty is the best and only policy. I followed a pretty good diet plan for about a week - at least until my husband returned from Las Vegas. Then I returned back to our old lifestyle. Eating out...snacks all day...no planning. I want this, I really do. Why do I fall off the track so easily?

I have pages and pages of notebooks/journals filled with obsessive numbers of how much weight I am going to lose and when I am going to lose it. I have goals/rewards ...motivation quotes and pictures... Seems I have it all but the ability to focus and push myself towards what I want - to be healthy and active in life!!!

I was down 11 pounds then a depression hit and I have been watching the scale creep back up and up. I feel powerless to stop it - even knowing all the while that no one else can control it. I feel disgusted with myself and yet I can't stop eating. It is my fault I put the weight on. I take ownership of that. But it's like a never ending addiction. Once I take the first bite of that big greasy burger or a crunchy taco or tator tots dripping in ketchup, it's like all bets are off and I just graze for the rest of the day waiting for something to quench the hunger inside. Yet nothing ever does.

Step 1: Plan on healthy meals and snacks. If I am prepared and know what I can/am eating I help eliminate excuses.

Will keep you posted on steps.

Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Girl!! You can do it!! I know it is hard. I am struggling with the same thing.

Losing 1/2 One Day said...

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. It is hard to just remember that everyday is a work in progress.

With support and hard work I firmly believe it will happen.