Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Moving slowly is better than not moving at all...

So as the title states just s-l-o-w-l-y plowing ahead. I want so bad to be at the end (not that it will probably be any easier to maintain) but I can't wait to show the world all I can do that my weight is holding me back from doing. I want to be my best.

I have been trying to look at it this way...today, tomorrow, next week, next year...they all pass, irregardless if I do something or not. So why waste the time I have?

So my head definitely is on the right track. However my stomach...not really following along. I start thinking of food and can't seem to stop until I taste whatever my latest craving is...the longer I wait, the more I end up shoving in. All the while telling myself that this is the very last and I mean very last time I am going to do that!

Currently I am more like one day on - one day off - one day on - one day off...and well... you get the picture. I feel tired and disappointed when I don't see the scale move and question the effort I put in - I know I know - it takes time. Plow ahead and results will come!

Well chin up big girl. Daily planning - easy enough was the first step and we are going to work on that until we have it right.

This weekend I plan on cleaning my kitchen out of all the junk I need to avoid (that crazy binge food for me). I don't really think there are bad / good foods but there are definitely foods I can't seem to have a normal portion of...like brownies...hmmm yummy chocolaty fudgy brownies. I don't eat one and go well that was good, let's put the rest away. I have one then start thinking about how I can sneak back into the kitchen and cut off a small piece so no one will notice. Funny how those cravings never seem to be of something healthy - I can't remember the last time I snuck into the kitchen to sneak a piece of broccoli. LOL

Okay
1) Plan my day
2) Clean out my kitchen of those "trigger" foods

~Raising water glass in toast~ Here we go on our way....one day at a time :)

No comments: