Friday, August 22, 2008

Attitude makes all the difference

Since last Saturday really I have tried to be more cognizant of what I am eating (even if it was those really gooey, stringy, hot mozzarella sticks). Just being aware of why I am indulging - am I hungry, bored (a big one for me), stressed, happy, depressed - has shown me patterns in eating. I tend to be a schedule eater. It's 8:00 - oops I better be eating breakfast... it's noon - quick where are those carrots sticks!...in 6:30 - where are my potholders? Am I truly hungry? Sometimes. After all I certainly notice the hunger when I am off schedule.

I'll leave you with this...

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," asked Piglet at last, "what's the first time you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughfully.

"It's the same thing." he said.

No comments: