Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Taking Ownership

Ownership? Of what you might ask. Of yourself I would reply. I have been a renter. A renter of my body. I treat it with no care as to the lasting effects - all the while thinking someday it will be presentable to the world. No more. I want and I will be an OWNER. This is MY body, MY life. I have to maintain it the way I would a house - fix things when they are broke. Maintain things before they go to "pot" Right now - it's run down and unfortunately a little Spackle and some paint aren't going to solve my problems. I need a renovation! I am going to start by being excited about the prospect of unveiling a new and better part - even when it's a little at a time. It's not about the scale, the numbers, the size. It's about what I want to see - how I want to live. Live - in THIS body.

Continuing on ... one day at a time!

No comments: